VACCINATION / COGGINS / HEALTH CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS
It is important that all Exhibitors arrive at the show grounds in East Dorset with the correct documentation and information. Please follow these procedures to insure that your arrival to the show is swift and seamless.
The following are required at time of check-in in the show office:
- A completed Vermont Summer Festival Vaccination Declaration
- A negative Coggins test obtained within 12 months
- A Certificate of Veterinary Inspection dated within 30 days*
- The point of destination on the CVI must be VERMONT SUMMER FESTIVAL
- The physical destination on the CVI must be listed as 2971 Route 7, East Dorset, Vermont
*As an alternative to a CVI dated within 30 days, you may obtain an Exhibition Permit from the Vermont Agency of Agriculture’s Animal Health office, which extends the life of the CVI to 180 days as long as the horse moves interstate to its first show/exhibition within 30 days of the health certificate examination by the veterinarian.
For more information on the Vermont CVI/Exhibition Permit requirements in the form of a “FAQ,” prepared by the VT Department of Agriculture, visit the VT Agency Agriculture Animal Health website or call 802-828-2421.
Links to information and forms:
- Vermont Summer Festival Vaccination Declaration
- State of Vermont Equine Importation FAQ
- State of Vermont Exhibition Permit Protocol
- Federal Interstate Movement Requirements for Equines